Taxinomically Challenging Fragments Form
This form is a multi-purpose form intended to allow you to record :
- Site context information (top rows).
- Longer comments about the bag (context) as a whole. Are there many burned bones? Small fragments? One or more artifacts? Worked
- Flora - bits of wood charcoal- you can note these as "present".
- Mollusca- count valves and other frags separately.
- Fish- separate gadid from salmonid, vertebra from cranial and spine if possible. If stuck, use
"Other fish, Other".
- Other species - indicate what in comments.
- Birds- put a count of bird bones in the "other" column.
- Enter species, bone, end and reference # (from the main sheet) and then use the columns to enter the Von den Dreisch metrics for the element you have. Use comments as needed. Preferred order: Bp,SD, GL, Bd
NB: please mark the bone with the full site context information and the reference number (as HST97 G 6b 217/470 124).
- Using the Grant Stages of wear (Levine for the horses) record the tooth rows. Please mark the tooth rows with the full site context information and reference number.